アナコスティアAO-94-歴史

アナコスティアAO-94-歴史



We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

アナコスティア

II

(AO-94:dp。22,380; 1. 523'6 ";b。68 ';dr。30'l0";s。15.1k。;
cpl。 255; a 1 5 "; cl。エスカンビア;T。T2-SE-A2)

ミッションアラモは、1944年7月16日にカリフォルニア州サウサリートでマリンシップ社によって海事委員会契約(MC船体1829)の下で敷設されました。 1944年7月24日にアナコスティア(AO-94)に改名。 1944年9月24日に発売されました。 sタンズ少将の妻、ヘンリーF.ブランズ夫人が後援。海軍に買収され、1945年2月25日に任務に就いた。指揮下のトーマス・H・ホフマン。

最終的な艤装期間の後、給油者は1945年3月23日にサンフランシスコ湾を離れ、カリフォルニア州サンディエゴに進み、そこで3週間の集中的なシェイクダウントレーニングを受けました。アナコスティアは4月27日に西海岸を離れ、ハワイへの進路を設定しました。彼女は5月3日に真珠湾に到着し、太平洋艦隊の支援戦隊8に任務について報告しました。 2日後、船はハワイの海を離れ、カロリン諸島に向けて航海しました。

5月16日にウリシ島に到着すると、アナコスティアはタスクグループ(TG)50.8に加わり、そのグループを沖縄に向かわせました。 6月上旬、オイラーは沖縄沖の指定給油区域に到着し、各種船のバンカーを補充した。この任務を終えた後、彼女はサイパンに航海し、沖縄の軍隊に分配されるガソリンの貨物を引き受けました。 8月から9月にかけて、アナコスティアはウリシ島と沖縄の間をさらに2回往復し、前者の港で燃料を受け取り、後者で燃料を排出しました。

8月15日の日本の降伏の時、アナコスティアはウリシ島の港にいました。彼女は6日後に沖縄に移り、10月25日までそこにとどまりました。その後、給油者は日本の故郷の島々に航海し、30日に鹿屋に触れました。彼女はまた、鹿児島九州の日本の港を訪れました。各時点で、彼女は陸軍空軍基地でステーションタンカーとして行動しました。

アナコスティアは12月初旬にフィリピンに向けて出発し、その後まもなくマニラに到着しました。彼女はフィリピン海域で約2か月間運航した後、1946年2月2日に沖縄への別の旅行を開始しました。その島から、彼女はパールハーバーに向けて航海し、3月7日にハワイ海域に到着しました。翌日、彼女は錨の重さを量り、パナマ運河を経由して湾岸のコースを形作りました。彼女は3月下旬に運河を通過し、3月29日にルイジアナ州ニューオーリンズに到着しました。

アナコスティアは30日、アラバマ州モビールに移り、そこで不活化の準備を始めました。彼女は1946年4月16日にモービルで退役し、その同じ日に海事委員会によって移送されました。彼女の名前は1946年5月8日に海軍のリストから削除されました。

彼の船は1948年2月28日に米国海軍輸送サービスによって再取得されました。次の2年間、アナコスティアは米国の東海岸に沿って活動しました。スエズ運河を通ってラスタヌラ、サウジアラビア、バーレーンに石油を運ぶために何度も航海しました。イギリスと北ドイツの港を訪れた。石油を積むためにアルバへのいくつかの旅行を実行しました。横浜、横須賀、佐世保の日本の港への有料通話。

彼女は1950年7月18日に軍事海上輸送サービス(MSTS)に配属され、MSTS契約に基づく運用のためにタンカーズ社に報告され、T-AO-94に再指定され、公務員。

次の7年間、アナコスティアは給油者としての奉仕を続けました。彼女は、テキサス湾岸沿いの港や、ペルシャ湾のラスタヌラ、サウジアラビア、バーレーンの港に頻繁に足を運び、石油を調達しました。その後、彼女の貨物は日本、イギリス、オランダ、ドイツの港の施設に運ばれました。オイラーは1957年12月にバージニア州ノーフォークに報告するまで活動を続けました。その後、彼女は海事局に引き渡され、ジェームズ川の国防予備船隊と交戦しました。彼女の名前は1957年12月17日に海軍のリストから削除されました。

アナコスティアは、第二次世界大戦での奉仕で1つのバトルスターを獲得しました。


歴史

アナコスティア近隣博物館として設立され、1967年に開館したアナコスティアコミュニティ博物館は、スミソニアン協会の当時の事務局長であったS.ディロンリプリーによって、スミソニアンによる地元のアフリカ系アメリカ人コミュニティへの働きかけとして構想されました。地元のコミュニティ活動家であり大臣であるジョン・キナードは、創設ディレクターに任命され、博物館の実践と方向性を形作るために、コミュニティの関与、組織化、およびアウトリーチのスキルを活用しました。他のスミソニアン美術館からの芸術と工芸品の折衷的な組み合わせであった最初の展示会に続いて、地元の住民と美術館の諮問委員会のメンバーは、彼らの経験と歴史に関連する美術館を持ちたいという願望を表明しました。そのため、アフリカ系アメリカ人の歴史、地域社会の問題、地域の歴史、芸術に焦点を当てた展示会や公開プログラムのスレートが開発されました。変化は、次のような展示プロジェクトによって例示されました Frederick Douglass Years、Lorton Reformatory:Beyond Time、The Rat:Man's Invited Affliction、Anacostia Story、 と Barnett-Adenコレクション。教育プログラムは、地元の学童や大人の聴衆に幅広い芸術や文化体験をもたらすことに焦点を当てています。博物館は地元の学校の教師と強いつながりを持ち、プログラム開発に博物館と関わりました。さらに、博物館は子供部屋を実際に設置し、青少年諮問委員会を召集しました。この作品は、博物館をコミュニティ博物館のモデルとして、そしてアフリカ系アメリカ人の博物館運動の主要な力として確立しました。

1980年代から、展示会プログラムは、アフリカ系アメリカ人の歴史と文化のより広い国のテーマに向けられ、その歴史の保存に焦点が当てられました。ジョン・キナード監督が率いるこの作品は、アフリカ系アメリカ人の新興美術館運動を提唱する彼の主要な取り組みのプラットフォームとしても機能しました。展示プロジェクトが含まれています ルネッサンス:20代の黒人芸術、リアルマッコイ:アフリカ系アメリカ人の発明と革新、ジェイコブスのはしごを登る:東アメリカの都市における黒人教会の台頭、1740年から1877年。博物館は、家族の歴史の保存に関する教育プログラムシリーズとともに、教会のアーカイブに焦点を当てた継続的なプログラムを確立しました。これらの取り組みには、何百人もの地元の市民とその家族の相続人、芸術作品、ヴィンテージの収集品を自然保護とコンテンツの専門家と一緒に集めたコレクションデーイベントが含まれていました。

展示会 私の心に話しなさい:信仰の共同体と現代のアフリカ系アメリカ人の生活 ナショナルモールのスミソニアンギャラリーにある美術館が発表した一連の展示会の最初のものでした。この取り組みに続いて、アフリカ系アメリカ人のアーティストやクリエイターをフィーチャーした一連の巡回展が開催されました。公開プログラムでは、アンドレレオンタリーやカミーユコスビーなどの国民的人物や、カーニバル仮面舞踏会やキャピタルチルドレンズカーニバルなどの大規模な特別イベントが行われました。博物館の名前は、これらの取り組みを含むように、アナコスティア博物館とアフリカ系アメリカ人歴史文化センターに改訂されました。

1994年に、博物館は「 黒人モザイク:ワシントンの黒人移民のコミュニティ、人種、民族。 2014年に20周年を迎えるこの画期的な展示会は、ワシントンDCへの新たな移民の影響を受けたワシントンDCのコミュニティの変革を明らかにしました。このプロジェクトから、教育プログラムはより多くの視聴者にサービスを提供するように成長し、AfricaFête、Musica Latina、展示会およびプログラムプロジェクトなどのユニークな音楽プログラミングを育成しました。 レゲエビートを超えて.

1999年、博物館は、ワシントンの第7区と第8区の近隣の40人の子供たちに、博物館ベースのカリキュラムを利用して放課後と夏のプログラミングを提供し続けるプログラムであるミュージアムアカデミーを設立することにより、地元の学校の子供たちへの取り組みを公式化しました。

コミュニティの問題と地域の歴史に焦点を当てた初期の仕事に再接続し、最近のプロジェクトには、コミュニティアートと創造性に焦点を当てた文書化、展示会、公開プログラムが含まれています。そして、都市の水路、特にアナコスティア川を取り戻すための市民の行動を文書化する複数年のイニシアチブ。これらのプロジェクトのほとんどには、広範なコミュニティエンゲージメント、写真文書、収集作業、および広範なオーラルヒストリー文書が含まれます。この作品の多くは、美術館のコミュニティドキュメンテーションイニシアチブに該当します。 2006年に、博物館の名前はアナコスティアコミュニティ博物館に変更されました。これは、現代の都市コミュニティへの影響の問題を調査するという新たな取り組みを反映しています。

50年以上の歴史の中で、博物館は関連性を保ち、コミュニティの懸念、問題、勝利を語り、日常の人々の並外れた物語を語るドキュメンテーションプロジェクト、展示会、プログラムを開発してきました。


では、どこから始めたのでしょうか。

このテキサス歴史的標識は、ヒル郡に最初のキリスト教会の会衆が設立されたときの公式記録を示しています。現在のプレーリーバレーバプテスト教会とその向かいの墓地の敷地内にあります。

それはすべて…

テキサスのヒル郡地域にある最初のキリスト教会は、1857年にプレーリーバレー周辺の入植者の集まりによって設立されました。初期の記録はまばらですが、教会の最初の記録されたメンバーは、1898年にホイットニー周辺の地域に引っ越したW.J.レイプと彼の妻でした。ウィルナッコルズと彼の家族はその後まもなくその地域に引っ越しました。教会は一部屋の校舎で会合し、初期の文書はレイプ氏が最初の奉仕と歌の指導を主導したことを示しています。また、P.J。シャーマンという地元の学校の先生が、教会の最初の秘書であり、聖書のクラスの先生であったことも示されています。

1968年以前に撮影されたこの写真は、現在の建物よりも前に敷地内に残っていた数少ない写真の1つです。この建物は解体され、町の外の畑へのトレーラーで町から運び出されます。

1903年、教会はホイットニー市の長老派教会の建物と所有物を購入し、教会をそこに移しました。プレーリーバレーの建物は宣教師バプテスト教会に売却され、現在は物理的な場所がプレーリーバレーバプテスト教会になっています。この動きがどのように起こったのかという話は、魅力的な読み物です。

また、1879年から1910年に提出された裁判所の書類と証書の調査は、テキサス中央鉄道会社によって提起された訴訟のために、不動産が何らかのリーエンの下にあったことを示しています。土地に家が建てられ、1880年に材料のリーエンが取り出され、279ドルの金額で判決が下されました。ロットはリーエンを満足させるために教会に売られました。敷地内の家は最終的に取り壊され、1912年頃にはるかに大きな建物に置き換えられました。1910年の提出時に、リストされた長老はシャーマン、ナッコルズ、およびW.J.ローパーという名前の3人目の男性でした。

ホイットニー市の新しい教会で最初に寄付されたのは20ドルでした。当時、教会は聖体拝領のパンを買う余裕がなく、教会の女性たちは自分たちで焼く方法を学びました。 1918年にトムウィークスと彼の家族はこの地域に移り住み、4年後、ウィークス氏は福音に従いバプテスマを受け、1927年に歌の指導者と聖書の教師になりました。

1968年にマーガレットカーブとバートブルネットが結婚式を挙げました。これは、古い「トワッシュビル」で行われた最後の式典の1つでした。

1946年にヒル郡庁舎に提出された証書によると、現在の資産の一部はハリス家によって教会に売却され、資産の売却の署名者はP.J.シャーマンとトムウィークでした。この購入のより興味深い部分は、署名された証書の証人が、USNRのチャールズローブ少佐であったことを示しているようです。 USSアナコスティア (AO-94)、日本軍の降伏から約2週間後、船が海上にいる間の米海軍補給艦!

完成後の現在の建物。写真は1971年に撮影された可能性があります。

1969年に、古い建物はプロパティから削除され、それが何年も滞在した町の外の場所に運ばれました。新しい建物が計画され、1969年に建設が始まり、1970年に工事が完了しました。当時の町で最も近代的で先進的な建物の1つである会衆は、工事中に小学校の食堂で会いました。その小学校は現在、現在のホイットニーISD中学校のサイトです。

2002年に撮影されたこの写真は、ジョーとクローナブレイクニーのものです。ジョーは1968年から1984年まで説教壇の大臣でした。

ジョー・ブレイクニーは新しい建物で最初の大臣を務め、1984年までそこで彼の奉仕を続けました。

現在使用されている建物の建設の少し前に、教会は1968年に説教壇の牧師としてジョーブレイクニーを雇いました。ジョーと彼の妻のクローナはテキサスパンハンドルからここに引っ越し、彼はここで奉仕を始めました。到着後まもなく、教会はブラゾス川のほとりにアイアンスプリングスクリスチャンキャンプを開設しました。教会は長年にわたってキャンプの運営に全額資金を提供し、1984年にジョーはアイアンスプリングスの常勤理事になりました。キャンプの扉は1995年に閉鎖されましたが、それ以前は、テキサス州全体から集まった何千人もの若いクリスチャンのニーズに応えていました。 1984年、教会はチャールズ・ホーンを説教壇の牧師として雇い、1992年まで滞在しました。

マーティン家、ホイットニーでのブルースの宣教の初期。 LからRは、クリスティーナマーティン、ブルースマーティン、デビッドマーティン、ブルースの妻デビーマーティン、当時の長老のボブダラー、エママーティン、バネッサマーティン、ボブダラーの妻メルルです。

1992年、教会はガルベストン地域からブルース・マーティンという若い牧師を雇いました。ブルースのミニストリーは、ここホイットニーで説教壇の牧師として主に仕え続けているため、今日でも力強く進んでいます。彼の到着後まもなく、教会は今日でも存在する長年の衣服の恩恵を始めました。また、その間にホンジュラス、インド、タイへの外交使節団が始まりました。建物の隣にあった旧図書館は教会が購入しました。教会はまた、90年代にモンテレー説教学校を支援し始めました。

聖域の内部の大規模な改修と改造は2018年に開始され、1年以内に完了しました。新しい会衆席、カーペット、羽目板が設置され、建物の機能が更新されました。その際、ライブラリも追加されました。

教会は、この湖畔の共同体で、そのミニストリーに新たな侵入を続け、神の王国の活気に満ちた、働く会衆としての歴史を守り続けています。


MicrosoftStoreの注文履歴を表示する

Microsoftアカウントで行った購入を確認し、注文を追跡し、請求書を表示するには、Microsoftアカウントダッシュボードの注文履歴ページにサインインします。アプリ、ゲーム、Microsoft365やXboxLiveなどのサブスクリプションなどの購入に関する情報を表示できます。購入に使用したアカウントでサインインしてください。

過去の注文と過去の購入を表示するには、 見せる内で注文 フィルタ。

注文またはその納税請求書を印刷するには、 注文詳細 &gt 印刷 / 税の請求書.

ご注文についてご不明な点がある場合は、 ヘルプを注文する.

もっと助けが必要ですか? 何かが正しくない場合に試すことができるいくつかのことを次に示します。

購入に使用したMicrosoftアカウントでサインインしていることを確認してください。複数のMicrosoftアカウントをお持ちの場合は、それぞれにサインインして注文履歴を確認してください。

サブスクリプションの支払い方法を変更したり、請求頻度を切り替えたり、キャンセルしたりするには、[サービスとサブスクリプション]を選択します。追加のヘルプについては、Microsoftサブスクリプションの支払い方法の変更を参照してください。

ゲーム、アプリ、またはその他のソフトウェアをダウンロードできない理由を理解するには、MicrosoftStoreからアプリの問題を修正するを参照してください。

Xbox One本体で注文を表示する方法については、Xboxの購入履歴を確認してください。


歴史

ヨーロッパの探検家や入植者がアナコスティアを航海する前の何千年もの間、ネイティブアメリカンはその海岸に沿って狩猟と農業を行い、川で見つけた魚やシーフードの恵みを楽しみました。 1608年、ジョン・スミス大尉がポトマック川を上ってアナコスティアに航海したとき、彼はその深さと明快さに驚嘆しました。彼が河口に住んでいるのを見つけた部族は商人であり、彼が彼らのために記録した名前は「ナコッチタンク」でした。これは「商人の町」というネイティブの言葉に由来しているようです。何年にもわたって、その名前は「ナコスティア」、後に「アナコスティア」に進化し、最終的に私たちが今日使用する名前を与えました-部族の「アナコスタン」と川の「アナコスティア」。

17世紀、アナコスタンの生活は困難になり、その場所は交易の選択肢でしたが、北部の他の先住民族に襲われた最初の部族でもありました。入植者は、チェサピーク全体で先住民を苦しめた新しい病気と、彼らの命を犠牲にする紛争をもたらしました。 1660年代、困難な時期にアナコスティアの首長は、アナコスティア・ボリング合同基地が現在ある場所にある部族の家屋敷を去りました。その土地とアナコスティアの上流の海岸線の多くは、入植者によって農業のために開拓されました。 (地元の先住民の歴史の詳細については、DCネイティブヒストリープロジェクトをご覧ください)。

18世紀、ブレードンズバーグ港は植民地時代の海運の中心地として機能しました。川の深さは40フィートだったので、外航船を収容することができました。ワシントンネイビーヤードでの造船やさらに上流の石炭ガス化など、19世紀の主要な産業活動は、活気に満ちた経済を支えましたが、湿地の破壊と現在も戦っている汚染にも貢献しました。

川沿いの開発は、健全な流域を作る森林、牧草地、湿地の破壊につながりました。流出や土砂が川を詰まらせ、その深さを減少させ、川の近くに住む人口が増えるにつれて、洪水は深刻な問題になりました。現在、逆効果のアプローチとして認識されているのは、陸軍工兵隊が洪水を制御するように設計された一連の堤防を建設し、アナコスティアの自然システムをさらに劣化させたということです。


歴史と文化

数多くのイベントにより、アナコスティアパークは現在の場所になっています。この地面を歩くとき、ネイティブアメリカンが狩りをした場所を歩いていることをご存知ですか?初期のヨーロッパの探検家は疑問に思いましたか?そして、公民権はどこで得られたのでしょうか?下のアイコンをクリックして個々のストーリーを学ぶか、下にスクロールしてアナコスティアパークの完全なタイムラインを表示してください。

1000〜1600年代:ナコッチタンク

1608年:ヨーロッパの発見

1790年:国会議事堂の計画

1812年:米英戦争

1861年:南北戦争の要塞

1932年:ボーナス軍

1900年代:アナコスティアパークの開発

1000〜1600年代:ナコッチタンク

最初のヨーロッパの探検家が到着するずっと前に、活気に満ちたアメリカのインド文化は、アナコスティア川地域の豊富な魚、狩猟肉、その他の天然資源を中心に少なくとも10、000年間進化しました。 17世紀には、ナコッチタンクインディアンがアナコスティアの東岸に沿った主要な居住者でした。繁栄している農民、採集民、狩猟採集民、商人であるナコッチタンクは、現在のボーリング空軍基地の近くに住んでいました。

1608年:ヨーロッパの発見

イギリス人のジョン・スミスは1608年にアナコスティア、つまりポトマック川の東部支流を探索しました。スミスの到着は、イギリスの地主によるアナコスティア川の東の土地の急速な定住とナコッチタンクの急速な衰退の両方を予告しました。この地域の最初の人間の住人の遺産は、アルゴンキンの名前「ナコッチタンク」のラテン語である「アナコスティア」という名前で今日まで生き続けています。

1790年:首都の計画

1790年、ジョージワシントン大統領は、ポトマック川とアナコスティア川の合流点周辺の10平方マイルの地域を新しい連邦政府の本拠地として選択しました。 1750年代に設立されたメリーランド州のジョージタウンとバージニア州のアレクサンドリアはすでにポトマック川沿いの港湾都市として繁栄していたため、この場所は彼にアピールしました。アナコスティア川は深海港の可能性を提供し、重要な港湾開発の準備ができていました。

ワシントンは、フランス人のピエールランファンに、新しい首都の計画を立てるよう依頼しました。ランファンの街のコンセプトは、古典的なヨーロッパの計画に基づいていました。これは、公共の建物を目立つ地理的特徴に配置すること、公共の建物と公園を外側に放射して接続する大通り、および適切な設定として機能する大きな公共スペースを提供することでした。公共の建物。野心的な建築と景観の設計には、当時アナコスティア川と呼ばれていたポトマック川からその東部支流までの詳細な街路計画も含まれていました。東部支部に沿って、港、市場、および工業用地が構想されました。

1812年:米英戦争

1861年:南北戦争の要塞

1861年4月に北軍と南軍の間で戦闘が勃発したとき、首都はメリーランドの親南部の共感者や他の場所からの攻撃に対して脆弱でした。砦の輪は首都の周りに開発され、今日のコロンビア特別区、バージニア州、メリーランド州にまで及ぶ大規模な土の砦のシステムが含まれていました。街への東のアプローチを守るために設立された砦、フォートグレブル(現在のアナコスティア)、フォートキャロル、フォートマハン(ベニングロードのすぐ北にある)は、アナコスティア川の東にある3つの大きな原始的な土の前哨基地でした。

1932年:ボーナス軍

大恐慌の影響から解放され、第一次世界大戦の退役軍人の大規模なグループが、戦時中のボーナスの即時支払いを要求するために、1932年の春にワシントンDCに行進しました。 11,000人近くの行進者がアナコスティアフラッツ(現在のアナコスティアパーク)にキャンプを設立し、そこで段ボール箱と木の切れ端からシャンティを作りました。

議会がボーナスマーチャーの要求を満たすことを拒否した後、ハーバートフーバー大統領は、ダグラスマッカーサー将軍に強制的にそれらを取り除くように命じました。ドワイト・D・アイゼンハワー少佐が率いる戦車部隊を含む警察と軍人は、1932年7月28日に行進者を攻撃し、彼らの避難所をノックダウンして発砲した。戦闘で負傷しなかった人々は、求められているボーナスなしで彼らの家に戻った。ワシントン大行進のボーナス遠征軍の詳細をご覧ください。

1900年代:アナコスティアパークの開発

1901年に米国議会がマクミラン委員会を任命したことで、アナコスティアパークの開発の準備が整いました。その勧告の中で、委員会は、アナコスティアの「フラット」が東と西のポトマック公園のモデルに従うこと、つまり沼地を「埋め立て」、新しい土地を庭園や公共のレクリエーションスペースとして使用することを求めました。

沈黙したアナコスティア川の埋め立てとその公共公園への転換は、完了するまでに数十年かかる野心的な計画でした。 1914年のアナコスティア川と干潟法は、「アナコスティア川の埋め立てと開発の継続」と干潟を要求しました。

この任務を遂行するために、米陸軍工兵隊はアナコスティアの土手に護岸を建設し、川の底を浚渫し、堆積物を使用して壁の後ろの湿地を埋めました。公園の建設と造園プロジェクトは1920年代から1930年代にかけて継続され、一連の予算超過、作業の停止、後退を乗り越えました。この「再生」は、自然の湿地システムを破壊しました。しかし、当時は湿地の価値が理解されておらず、一般的に「マラリア湿地」と考えられていました。

1933年、アナコスティアパークの管理と監督の責任は国立公園局に引き継がれました。


アナコスティアAO-94-歴史

メリーランド州ボルチモアにあるフォートマクヘンリーは、1812年の米英戦争で、チェサピーク湾のイギリス海軍による攻撃からボルチモア港を守ることに成功したことで最もよく知られている星形要塞です。フランシススコットキーが「星条旗」を書くように促されたのは、この砦の爆撃の最中だった。この詩は、サウスダコタ州ミード砦のカレブカリトン大佐に触発されて、最終的には米国の国歌に変わった。 。曲はイギリスの曲「天国のアナクレオンへ」の曲に設定されました。このページの下部にある単語を参照してください。

ラパハノック川はバージニア州東部にある川で、長さは約184マイルです。西のブルーリッジ山脈からピエモンテを越えてポトマックの南のチェサピーク湾まで、州の北部全体を横断します。川の名前はアルゴンキン語に由来します lappihanne (また、 toppehannock)、「急上昇する水の川」または「潮が引いて流れる場所」を意味します。この名前は、地元の先住民であるラッパハノック族によって付けられた名前に由来しています。

ラピダン川は、バージニア州中北部のラパハノック川の最大の支流です。

海岸では、深い霧の中からぼんやりと見え、
恐ろしい沈黙の中で敵の高慢なホストが休むところ、
そよ風、そびえ立つ急なものは何ですか、
それがぴったりと吹くと、半分は隠し、半分は開示しますか?
今、それは朝の最初のビームのきらめきを捕らえます、
完全な栄光に反映されて、今ストリームに輝いています:
「これは星条旗です!長い間波がありますように
自由の国と勇者の故郷です!

そして、そのように自慢げに誓ったそのバンドはどこにありますか
戦争の大混乱と戦いの混乱、
家と国は私たちにモレを残してはいけません!
彼らの血は彼らの汚い足音の汚染を洗い流した。
避難所は雇い主と奴隷を救うことができませんでした
飛行の恐怖、または墓の暗闇から:
そして、勝利のドス波の星条旗
自由の国と勇者の故郷です!

O!したがって、自由人が立つときはいつでも
彼らの愛する家と戦争の荒廃の間!
勝利と平和に満ちた、大いなる救出された土地がありますように
私たちを国にし、保護してきた力をたたえます。
それから私たちを征服しなければなりません、私たちの原因が正しければ、
そして、これが私たちのモットーです:「神には私たちの信頼があります。」
そして、勝利の星条旗は手を振るでしょう
自由の国と勇者の故郷です!


海軍輸送サービスに割り当てられた[編集|ソースを編集]

この船は1948年2月28日に米国海軍輸送局によって再取得されました。次の2年間、米国の東海岸に沿って運営されていたアナコスティアは、スエズ運河を通ってラスタヌラ、サウジアラビア、バーレーンまで何度も航海し、英国とドイツ北部の石油訪問港に向かい、アルバへの旅行を数回行いました。石油を積み込み、日本の横浜、横須賀、サウジアラビアの港への有料通話。


アナコスティアの簡単な歴史、その名前、起源と進歩

アナコスティアは、1612年に公開されたジョンスミス大尉の最古の地図に表示され、「ナコッチタンク」と呼ばれています。スミス大尉は、「バージニアの歴史的将軍」で、チェサピーク湾とその周辺を探索した12人の仲間について語っています。支流の川は、イロコイ族に囲まれ、ポウハタンインディアンとして知られているアルゴンキンインディアンの部族の中で最も北にあるナコッチタンクによって好評でした。

スミス大尉の時代、ナコッチタンクはバージニア州スタッフォード郡の現在のポトマッククリークにある「パタウォメケ」との戦争の道を進んでいた。

1621年頃、バージニア州ジェームズタウンから、ポトマック川の航海の先頭近くにいるインディアンとトウモロコシを交換するために、26人の男性がいるピンネースタイガーが派遣されました。彼らはナコッチタンクに襲われ、全員が殺されるか捕虜になりました。後者の中には若い男、ヘンリー・フリートがいました。約5年間飼育下にとどまります。艦隊は、すべてのポウハタンインディアンが話す言語を学び、皮を交換している間、身代金を払われた後、彼はそれを非常に有利に使用しました。彼は1年の間にポトマック川を上ってナコッチタンクまで2回の旅をしました。

1632年に行われたこれらの旅の1つで、彼は「航海の簡単なジャーナル」で説明しました。説明の原本はロンドンのランベス宮殿図書館にあります。それは、部分的に間違って、「メリーランドの創設者とアメリカの植民地化」でE. D.ニールによって2回出版され、次に「メリーランドの歴史」でJ.トーマスシャーフによって出版されました。

そのジャーナルの一節は、アナコスティアの現在の場所に言及しているので、私たちにとって興味深いものです。ナコッチタンクの代わりに、艦隊はナコスティンの形式を使用しますが、セントメアリーズでの議会と評議会のセッションの初期の報告では、レオナルドカルバートに同行したイエズス会の父親によってローマに送られた報告でも、特にAndrew White、接頭辞「A」の付いたフォームが使用されています:Anacostines。 (アナコスタン)。語源的には、この形式の方がおそらくより正確ですが、インド人自身が単語の接頭辞と接尾辞を削除することが多いため、接頭辞「A」のない形式を使用した可能性があります。

Anaquash(e)tan(i)kは貿易業者の町を意味します。

この説明は、現在のアナコスティアとその周辺にとって非常に重要です。ナコスティアの村(アナコスティア川のベニングスから、コングレスハイツの下のポトマック川に沿ってシェパードランディングとバージニア州アレクサンドリアの向かいのブロードクリークメリーランドまで伸びています。 )、白人が到着する前に、現在のニューヨーク州からイロコイ族が訪れた活気のある交易所でした。

メリーランド植民地の創設後も、ロンドンのイギリス人商人に宛てた手紙の中で、レオナルドカルバートは、インディアンとの交易所に最も適した州内の3つの場所について言及しています。 3つのうちの1つは、「5つの国」の総称であるマサメケの訪問のためにアナコスタンです。

1668年の直後、アナコスティア川の南に住むインディアンの部族の一部が川を横切って追いやられました。この頃、アナコスタンは、メリーランド州のオーガスティーン・ハーマン(1670)の地図に表示されている現在のアナコスティン島をアナコスティン島として定住させました。

前述のことから、ワシントン市が検討される前、またはその場所が白人に知られる前に、ポトマック川の東支流にあるナチャタンクと呼ばれる小さなインドの村が、当時最も重要な村の1つであったことがわかります。ピスカタウェイ川の河口に関するいくつかの小さな集落。

良い交易所として、そこに定住したインディアンの部族によって名付けられたナチャタンクは、彼らのチーフナチャタンクに敬意を表して、初期のヨーロッパの商船の多くと、豊富なゲーム、温暖な気候、そして優しい人々によく知られるようになりました。そこで見つかった原住民は、この小さな港をお気に入りの物々交換ポイントにしました。

Father White, who accompanied Lord Baltimore on a visit describes the Nachatank Indians as a liberal and ingenuous disposition, with an acuteness of sight, smell and taste especially as to taste, possessing a great fondness for an article of food called pone and hominy.

These Indians were descendants of the great Powhatan tribes, who had crossed from the Northern part of Virginia to the Maryland side of the Potomac River.

Reports of this ideal spot on the Eastern Branch of the Potomac, with its mild climate, its wonderful forests, its wild game in great numbers and its great fame as a fishing ground, had spread not only to the neighboring Indian tribes but to the white settlers beyond.

But like many of the Indian tribes the Nachatanks were susceptible to the liquor which the white man had for barter, and first the game of their forests and streams and then their lands were given up to the white man for their indulgences, until they were finally pushed back to the settlements close to the Piscataway River.

Later the white settlers experienced trouble and annoyance from Nacotchtank, the Chief, who with a couple of his warriors would suddenly break in upon their peace and security, and having obtained sufficient fire-water would terrorize the villages by raids of plunder and deviltry.

Later it will be seen this village on the Eastern Branch of the Potomac became known and designated as Uniontown.

Second, The Indian settlement Nacotchtank became the white settlement Anacostia.

The prince of promoters of the Capital City, James Greenleaf, five years or so before the century turn, eighteen hundred, bought on the meanders of the Eastern Branch of the Potowmack, close by the Anacostia Fort. This fort, it can be presumed, was on the heights now within the bounds of Anacostia.

The Eastern Branch ferry connected with Upper Marlborough road where it crossed the Piscataway road which connected with Bladensburg. The ferry was at the foot of Kentucky Avenue and a bridge there was built in 1795 and known as the lower bridge in distinction to that more eastward known as the upper bridge. The Navy Yard created requirement and at the terminus of Eleventh Street was built, 1818, the Navy Yard bridge. That part of the Piscataway road east of the Navy Yard Bridge is the modern Minnesota Avenue. The thin settlement called Anacostia was along the river front near the bridges.

の中に Daily National Intelligencer, February 8, 1849 is:

"A New Post Office is established at Anacostia, Washington County, D. C, and John Lloyd appointed Postmaster. The new office takes the place of 'Good Hope,' which was discontinued in consequence of the removal of the Postmaster."

On the authority of Mr. Simmons 1 it is stated that the post office designation so continued until 1865 when it was changed to Uniontown to be again Anacostia in 1869.

Right where the crossing of the Navy Yard Bridge on the Anacostia side was complete stood the tavern of Duvall to give the traveler invitation to good cheer. The tavern is there now or rather the shell of it. Not now, is as once was it, the proof of Dr. Samuel Johnson's Boswell-quoted remark: ''There is nothing which has yet been contrived by man by which so much happiness is produced as by a good tavern or inn."

George Simmons in "Roadside Sketches," The Evening Star, December 5, 1891, has:

"Forty years ago the site of Anacostia was farm lands and was owned by one Enoch Tucker. It formerly belonged to the William Marbury estate and was part of the 'Chichester' tract. There were 240 acres in the Tucker farm, a good part of which was cultivated for truck purposes. Mr. Tucker did not attend to the farm work himself, however, for he was employed as boss blacksmith in the navy yard. The farm was either leased or worked on the share plan. The Tucker farm house stood alone in the old days, and until recently, occupied the site of the present new Pyles block, on the west side of Monroe street, just south of Harrison street and the bridge. In 1854 John Fox and John W. VanHook and John Dobler bought the farm from Tucker for $19,000 and divided it into building lots." 2

The date of the conveyance from Tucker is June 5, 1854.

The advertisements give the rise, progress and con-summation of the promotion.
Daily Evening Star, June 10, 1854:

Notice to Union Town Lot Holders

Persons in arrears with their monthly dues, are required to pay up or their names will be left out of the drawing.

"Deeds in fee simple," "guaranteed clear of all and every encumbrance," will be given to Lot holders paying up in full at any time after the drawing on Monday Evening next.

Daily Evening Star, July 29, 1854:

Homes For All

The Union Land Association having sold and located by ballot the 350 Building Lots advertised during the last two months, are now prepared to sell the remaining 350 lots, "with the privilege of selection."

The subdivision, Uniontown, is recorded in the office of the Surveyor in book Levy Court, No. 2, pages A 83 and B 83, October 9, 1873. Uniontown was between the fork created by the Upper Marborough road and the Piscataway road. To the thoroughfare eastward, a part of the Marlborough road, was given the name Harrison Street and to the thoroughfare southward a part of the Piscataway road was given the name Monroe Street. The other streets of Uniontown likewise were named in honor of the Presidents.

The proximity of the Navy Yard to the bridge no doubt, gave the promoters the belief that many of the employees would take advantage of having a home, with country life adjunct, near their place of business. Uniontown is the first suburban subdivision and because of the river separation is not likely to lose its suburban identity. The Duvall subdivision is to the west of Monroe Street at the river. Other subdivisions fairly encompass the original subdivision.

Mr. Simmons says in the ''Roadside Sketches'':

John Fox and John W. VanHook were the real estate firm of Fox and VanHook for some years prior to 1863. That year it was a firm of commission merchants. In 1864, Mr. VanHook continued as a commission merchant and Mr. Fox became of the firm Fitch, Hine and Fox, attorneys and claim agents. Mr. Fox's business associates are the honorably remembered James E. Fitch and Lemon G. Hine. After 1865, Mr. Fox does not appear in the local directory.

John Welsh VanHook was born in Philadelphia in 1825. At an early age he moved to Baltimore. At Baltimore in conjunction with John Hopkins he did much in suburban development. In 1852 he moved to Washington.

Mr. VanHook was commended by President Lincoln and General Grant for having carried dispatches from Philadelphia to Washington via Baltimore at the time when the last named city was the hot bed of Confederate sympathizers.

He died, April 9, 1905, at the home of his daughter, Mrs. Middleton C. Smith, 1616 Nineteenth Street, N. W. Washington, D. C. He is interred in Congressional Cemetery. 4

The residence of Mr. VanHook, ''Cedar Hill,'' became that of Frederick Douglass, the preeminent of his race. Officially, in the District of Columbia, the only colored man to be U. S. Marshal and the first Recorder of Deeds. The property passed to the Frederick Douglass Memorial Association. '

Hiram Pitts who owned and occupied the property eastwardly, adjoining the VanHook mansion, was vigorous to the day of his death, which was in his ninety sixth year. Long he was employed in the U. S. Treasury.

Of Dr. Thomas Antisell in the History of the Medical Society of the District of Columbia is a biographical sketch in detail with two likenesses. He made a geo-logical reconnaissance of southern California and of the territory of Arizona on an expedition for the Pacific Railroad. For Japan he was technologist of a commission to develop the resources of the northern islands of that empire, and was decorated by the Mikado with, the Order of the Rising Sun of Meijis.'' But a review of his activities takes much type space. Dr. Antisell lived in Uniontown or its borders from 1866 to 1871.

Dr. Arthur Christie was an Englishman who inherited quite a large sum from relatives in England. He purchased fifty acres or so between Harrison Street and the Eastern Branch which he made his home and called it Fairlawn. It was patterned after an English estate with pretentious residence, a lodge, and landscape effect.

In every department of life's work, professional, mercantile or otherwise, honorably to be classified, Anacostia has its exponents. Passed away recently that is, October 14, 1919, did the Rev. Willard Goss Davenport. Without any diminution of practicality on account of it, Mr. Davenport had all the naturalness and goodness of Goldsmith's creation, the Vicar of Wakefield. Of his ministry, twenty eight years of it he consecrated to Anacostia. He was a native of Vermont and in a fiction of fact he, in a delightful work ''Blairlee," portrayed the character of the folks of the Green Mountain state.

When Mr. Fox, Mr. VanHook and Mr. Dobler were crossing the bridge on their way to view the prospective purchase for the prospective town they saw on the river's edge opposite the Navy Yard the mansion of George Washington Talburtt. It is there now except the parts knocked off. It is not so near the edge of the water for a wide area of unsightly land has been made by dredging and dumping in the work of reclamation. In the fifties as in the forties, the scene was the same. The streams from the highlands of Montgomery had united and were just beyond to pour their flood to make more majestic the Potomac.の "Earth's tall sons, the cedar, oak, and pine" who to full stature had grown even before the days of Lewin Talburtt, the father of George W. were close to the mansion but closer than any other was a mighty chestnut. A little off was the cottage of the overseer (Woodruff) and in sight the quarters of those who did the tillage.

The mansion and its outlook was inspiring. It was a place to be appreciated and appropriate for the tarrying there of a man of wonderful thoughts and of brilliancy in expressing it, if one who could produce a tragedy like Brutus for Edmund Kean to impersonate, like Charles, the Second, for Charles Kemble to impersonate, like Virginius for John McCullough to impersonate for one, who in light vein could unite comedy or who could turn the source of delight to opera.

He who has George Washington Talburtt for his ancestor, not more than two generations in advance he, who strolls here, there and everywhere around these parts and then tells who and what he saw in the strolls in the most delightful way and gives more delight to the most people, he, it is, who told the writer: It is true John Howard Payne and George Washington Talburtt were intimate friends and in their mutuality ''were chummy and rummy." It is not yet forbidden to be chummy but the other exaltedly happy condition is a pleasure of the past, not to return without the country re-reforms.

Mr. Simmons in his ''Roadside Sketch" through and about Anacostia has this to say:

"The late George W. Talburtt, the then proprietor of the Talburtt estate was the friend and boon companion of Payne. Although there was a disparity in their ages, Payne being much the elder, there was something in their virtues that drew them toward each other. Perhaps it was the love of music, for which they were both noted. And then each was of a convivial turn, and each played and sang well. Both were bachelors when the famous song was written, and their companionship was almost inseparable. They would sit for hours together of a summer evening under the spreading branches of the old tree, singing and playing favorite airs, and it is a matter of neighborhood gossip that jolly old Bacchus looked on approvingly on those occasions."

This is an excerpt from an autographic letter reproduced in a biography:

The play which Payne sold to Charles Kemble for 30 lb was at the request of the latter, by the former converted into an opera. Payne adapted in a measure a melody heard sung by an Italian peasant girl, to his original words ''Home, Sweet Home.'' It was first sung by Ann Maria Tree in the Covent Garden Theatre, London, May 8, 1823. As often happens in the literary creations of the ages, not the author but his grantee gets the gold therefor. ''The lowly thatched cottage" if suggested by a reality, may have been the boyhood home at East Hampton, Long Island.

Not under the chestnut tree within the Talburtt domain and the purlieus of Anacostia was the immortal song created, yet it can be claimed, confidently, that under the canopy of chestnut boughs these jolly good fellows under the influence and inspiration of that which "maketh merry,'' blended harmoniously their voices in the acclaim: "There's no place like home."

Uniontown although without sidewalks, or street pavements, these being graveled, was becoming a thriving place. Many stores of all kinds having sprung up to accommodate the trade coming from lower down, in Maryland both by Harrison Street and Monroe Street.

Later on, Uniontown, District .of Columbia, having become confused so much with Uniontown, Pennsylvania, and causing so much confusion in business, it was decided to change its name to its original Anacostia.

Since the reorganization of the Anacostia Citizens Association in 1904 the following are some of the improvements that have resulted directly or indirectly from its influence and activities:

The building of a new and modern Police Station and the establishment of the Eleventh Precinct.

The purchase of ground and the erection of the Ketcham School House.

The laying of new street pavement on 14th Street from Good Hope Road to V Street.

The naming and improvement of Logan Park on Fourteenth Street.

Erection of flag pole and flying of flag in Logan Park.

The installation of granolithic sidewalks in several streets.

Regrading and improvements in U, V, and W Streets. Improvements in Thirteenth Street from Good Hope Road to Pleasant Street.

The Association was very active in getting legislation toward the reclamation of the Anacostia Flats.

Also in regard to the location of the causeway of the new bridge.

It has ever been very active and somewhat successful in getting improvements in the street railway service, and was active in getting legislation in connection with the Union Station Branch of the railway up First Street East.

It was active in getting through legislation for placing underground, the electric conduit of the railroad, and which it is hoped to soon see established through Anacostia.

It was instrumental in getting a new building for the Branch Post Office and in obtaining many improvements to the service here in the collection and delivery of mail.

It was successful in having placed gas lamps in many places throughout the locality.

In having Mount View Place and Shannon Place extended.

Labored earnestly for the extension of water mains, etc., which improvement is now underway.

Instrumental in the improvement to the railroad yard.

Its last success was in getting the express and baggage house-to-house delivery and collection, and the delivery of telegrams the same as on the other side of the river.

We are now working on the project of paving and grading Nichols Avenue, and the placing underground of the electric conduit of the street railroad which we expect to succeed in.

We have now all the conveniences the rest of the city affords, but will continue our efforts to make improvements wherever needed through Anacostia. We are only 30 minutes from the center of the city by street cars and 'are the best equipped of any of the outlying parts of Washington City.

All of the principal business places in the heart of the city deliver goods here, while there are here stores of all kinds which supply one with anything he may wish in merchandise and other household necessities.

1. George Simmons, The Evening Star, December 5, 1891.
2. Liber J. A. S., 78, f. 114. Land Records, D. C, 240 a. 5 r. 31ページ
3. See Topographical Map of the District of Columbia surveyed in the years 1856, '57, '58, '59 by A. Boschke.
4. The Washington Post, April 10, 1905.

Source: Records of the Columbia Historical Society, Washington DC, Committee on Publication and the Recording Secretary, Volume 7, Washington, Published b the Society, 1904.

This page was last updated Wednesday, 13-May-2015 18:01:23 EDT

Copyright August @2011 - 2021AHGP The American History and Genealogy Project.
Enjoy the work of our webmasters, provide a link, do not copy their work


Escambia-class oiler

The Escambia -class oilers were a class of twelve T2-SE-A2 tankers that served in the United States Navy, built during World War II. The ships were named for United States rivers with Native American names. They were very similar to the Suamico class, differing principally in having the more powerful turboelectric plant of the P2-SE2 transports which developed 10.000 shp.
All ships were decommissioned and transferred to military sea transport service in the postwar period. Several were later transferred to the U.S. army and turned into a floating generating stations, and has served in this role in Vietnam.

1. Ships. (Корабли)
USS Ocklawaha AO-84, 1943.
USS Mascoma AO-83, 1944.
USS Soubarissen AO-93, ex- Mission Santa Ana, converted to water supply ship.
USS Pasig AO-91, ex- Mission San Xavier, converted to AW-3.
USS Tomahawk AO-88, 1944.
USS Kennebago AO-81, 1943.
USS Ponaganset AO-86, 1944.
USS Pamanset AO-85, 1943.
USS Tamalpais AO-96, ex- Mission San Francisco, 1945.
USS Anacostia AO-94, ex- Mission Alamo, 1945.
USS Escambia AO-80, 1943.
USS Sebec AO-87, 1944.
USS Abatan AO-92, ex- Mission San Lorenzo, converted to AW-4.
USS Cahaba AO-82, ex- Lackawapen, 1944.
USS Caney AO-95, ex- Mission Los Angeles, 1945.

  • Florida Escambia County, Alabama Escambia class fleet oiler SS Escambia a steam ship registered in Liverpool USS Escambia Fusconaia escambia a mollusc
  • USS Escambia AO - 80 was the lead ship of her subclass of the Suamico class of fleet oilers acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War
  • Suamico class were a class of 25 United States Navy oilers during World War II. Built to the Maritime Commission T2 - SE - A1 Suamico class - A2 Escambia class
  • Type C1 ship Type C2 ship Type C3 ship United States Navy oiler Escambia - class replenishment oiler Betriebsstofftransporter WALCHENSEE - Klasse 703 German
  • Liberty ship Type C1 ship Type C2 ship Type C3 ship United States Navy oiler Escambia - class replenishment oiler Eddy - Class Coastal Tankers Historical RFA
  • USS Tamalpais AO - 96 was a Escambia - class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but
  • USS Caney AO - 95 was an Escambia - class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but necessary
  • USS Cahaba AO - 82 was an Escambia - class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but
  • Type T2 - SE - A2 acquired by the United States Navy and converted to Escambia - class oiler USS Tamalpais AO - 96 placed in National Defense Reserve Fleet in
  • Type T2 - SE - A2 acquired by the United States Navy and converted to Escambia - class oiler USS Caney AO - 95 converted to water tanker in 1944 placed in National
  • USS Anacostia AO - 94 was a Escambia - class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but
  • USS Pamanset AO - 85 was a Escambia - class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but
  • USS Oklawaha AO - 84 was a Escambia - class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but
  • USS Kennebago AO - 81 was an Escambia - class replenishment oiler serving in the United States Navy during World War II. Laid down on 9 January 1943, she
  • USS Soubarissen AO - 93 was an Escambia - class fleet oiler converted to a water tanker, named for a chief of the Neutral Indian Nations which, although
  • USS Sebec AO - 87 was a Escambia - class fleet oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but necessary
  • USS Tomahawk AO - 88 was an Escambia - class fleet oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but necessary
  • USS Mascoma AO - 83 was a Escambia - class replenishment oiler constructed for the United States Navy during World War II. She served her country in the
  • Naming section of the Navy Historical Center NavSource Online: Service Ship Photo AO - 143 United States Oiler History United States Oiler Naming History.
  • States Merchant Marine Academy United States Navy oiler Escambia - class replenishment oiler Eddy - class coastal tanker 1953 of Royal Navy National Park
  • unincorporated community located on Santa Rosa Island, a barrier island, in Escambia County, Florida, United States. It is situated south of Pensacola and
  • Type C1 ship Type C2 ship Type C3 ship United States Navy oiler Escambia - class replenishment oiler Hayler and Keever, 2003: 14 - 2. UNCTAD 2006, p. 4. Huber
  • a brief respite but was at sea again on 10 September escorting the oiler Escambia AO - 80 to Okinawa before sailing for home on 1 October. After a brief
  • sections: the bow in early 2003 and the aft section in late 2003. Escambia - class replenishment oiler List of Type T2 Tanker names Liberty ship Type C1 ship Type
  • United States Navy Henry J. Kaiser - class oiler USS Abel P. Upshur DD - 193 was a United States Navy Clemson - class destroyer until World War II USS Garfield
  • USS Cohocton AO - 101 was lead ship of her class of fleet oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but
  • River, which forms the western boundary of Florida Escambia Bay and East Bay, fed by the Escambia River and Blackwater River, respectively Choctawhatchee
  • Poseidon. June 4 Tar balls arrive on beaches in Pensacola, Florida. However, Escambia County, Florida officials do not close the beaches. Mississippi has not
  • Osterhaus DE - 164 and Acree DE - 167 on 22 March to escort oilers Kankakee AO - 39 Escambia AO - 80 and Atascosa AO - 66 Whitehurst and Atascosa were
  • Escalante, Neshanic, Niobrara, Millicoma, Saranac, Cossatot, Cowanesque, Escambia Cahaba, Mascoma, Ocklawaha, Ponaganset, Sebec, Tomahawk, Anacostia 16

Cold Water Sank the TITANIC Disaster City.

PREP FOOTBALL AISA Class A Semifinal Chambers Academy 41, Lowndes 17 AISA Class AA Semifinal Escambia Academy 54, Clarke Prep 24 AISA Class. A place called wallace Escambia County Historical Society. AO - Fleet Oilers In addition to bunker fuel for ships, the Fleet Oilers carried gasoline for ships boats, aviation fuel, Escambia Class. USS Kennebago AO 81, Escambia class oiler. Near the Mare Island. Category:Escambia class oilers. media category.より多くの言語で。スペイン語。ラベルが定義されていません。 categoria de media. Traditional Chinese. No label​.

Anacostia AO 94 Hist.

The same ship as a Navy Fleet Oiler carried a crew of 250 to 325. Skeleton deck carrying planes Allagash, T3 S2 A1 Ashtabula class, completed as AO 97 USN Allatoona, T2 SE A1 Escambia, T2 SE A2, AO 80 USN Escatawpa, T1 M A2,. Escambia county community development block Vendor Registry. 53 5011, Sailors and Marine Oilers, detail, 40, 42.9%, 0.214, 1.00, $17.82, $17.40, $36.190, 10.9%. 53 5021, Captains, Mates, and Pilots of. Category:Escambia class oilers data. Class Oiler Ship Cap AO MilitaryBest Custom Escambia. 0.35 cttw AFFY Round White Cubic Zirconia Mens Wedding Band Ring in 14k Gold Over Sterling Silver,​. Escambia Class Replenishment Oiler Models SD Model Makers. Cimarron class oiler Escambia class oiler Kennebec class oiler Mission Buenaventura class fleet oiler Patoka class oiler Suamico class oiler T2 tanker. Dd 828 uss timmerman gearing class destroyer ship military patch. College, FL and the School Board of Escambia County, FL Florida. during and after normal class hours through the effective use of the Colleges programs on Colleges SACSCOC polic on substantive change. requests to oIler specific.

The Santa Rosa press gazette ALL ISSUES CITATION SEARCH.

Was a Escambia class fleet oiler acquired by the U.S. Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but necessary task of providing fuel to vessels in. Columbia College Mack Frost. Escambia and Santa Rosa counties each recorded two more COVID 19 deaths on Saturday, I really like our team: GCs Petree adds 8 newcomers to 3 returners with initial recruiting class Blackhawks stun Oilers 6 4 in series opener. Class Fuel Hauler Jobs, Employment. The Navys first fuel ships designed and built as oilers, rather than colliers, the Kanawha class Her name was given to one of the Escambia class, AO 91. Top 50 high school running backs of all time MaxPreps. The Escambia class oilers were a class of twelve T2 SE A2 tankers T2 tanker – The T2 tanker Hat Creek in August 1943 ○ The T2 tanker Pendleton bow in. Collective Bargaining Agreements U.S. Department of Labor. Of course, there was no problem of resupply of ammunition because the force All the ships were fueled here, and the oilers Trinity and Pecos refilled with oil were the Tappahannock, Neches, Suamico, Ashtabula, Kankakee, Escambia,.

USS Escambia AO 80 Military Fandom.

1 and Denver Classroom Teachers Association Addendum 1984 Escambia County District School Board and Escambia Education Support Oilers IBFO, Service Employees International Union SEIU, AFL CIO CLC, Local 1221 1998 ​. US NAVY USS Ocklawaha Ao 84 Escambia Class Replenishment. This was the first of a series of eight ESCAMBIA or 80 class fleet oilers. Shakedown cruise was held in the San Francisco San Pedro San Diego area.

AUb I ZU1f Florida Department of Education.

The Escambia class oilers were a class of twelve T2 SE A2 tankers that served in the United States Navy, built during World War II. The ships were named for. Tamalpais AO 96 Haze Gray & Underway. USS Caney AO 95 Escambia class replenishment oiler patch. Escambia class Oilers Allied Warships of WWII. The Class of 1945W as part of the Navys wartime ROTC program. He served in the South Pacific aboard the U.S.S Escambia, a Navy oiler,.

Barrancas National Cemetery Surnames Ko Lam Escambia.

The USS Escambia was the first of eight Escambia Class Fleet Oilers, commissioned by the Navy on 28 October 1943, supplying the Third Fleet. Unknown Carrier watches over an unknown oiler as it goes through. Pages in category Escambia class oilers. The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total. This list may not reflect recent changes learn more.

CAHABA AO 82 NavalCoverMuseum.

Chiwawa Class – June 1942. Kennebec Class Escambia Class – April 1943. USS Cimarron, first of the Navys many World War II era T3 S2 A1 type oilers. United States Armed Forces Kylar Fandom. Fleet Oiler Lineage. Hull No. Ship Name.クラス。ビルダー。 Fiscal Year. Ordered Escambia. Escambia T2 SE A2. Marinship. FY43. 10 28 1943. AO 81. Escambia AO 80 Class Shipscribe. Our ship was a Fleet Tanker or Fleet Oiler, the first of its class, the USS Escambia length 523 feet 6 inches, beam 68 feet, draft 30 feet ten inches, speed 16 knots.

Port Orford Today!巻14, 15 HOME z.com.

The Escambia class oilers were a class of twelve T2 SE A2 tankers that served in the United States Navy, built during World War II. The ships were named for United States rivers with Native American names. USS Nemasket AOG 10, Patapsco Class Gasoline Tanker. Model. Starting from welders arc strike on deck of ship. The USS Ponaganset AO 86 was a T 2 tanker, a Escambia class Fleet Oiler, built at Marinship in Sausalito,. USS Cahaba AO 82 Academic Dictionaries and Encyclopedias. Escambia Class, U.S. Oilers. Photograph of fleet oiler Escambia Mare Island Shipyard 5595 43. Via Specifications:.

T2 tanker pedia WordDisk.

USS Cahaba AO 82 was an Escambia class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the Следующая Войти. GUIDELINES FOR MARINE ARTIFICIAL REEF MATERIALS. Oct 18, 2016 USS Kennebago AO 81, Escambia class oiler. Near the Mare Island Navy Yard on 16 December 1943 soon after completion.

AO 80 USS Escambia Ibiblio.

Was a class of oil tanker constructed and produced in large quantities in the United States during World War II. Only the T3 tankers were larger navy oilers of​. Beans, Bullets, and Black Oil Naval History and Heritage Command. Type, Oiler. Displacement, 5782 BRT. Length, 523 feet. Complement, 267 men. Armament, 1 5 DP gun 4 3 AA guns 4x1 8 40mm AA 4x2 8 20mm AA 4x2. PPT WORLD WAR II ERA PowerPoint Presentation, free download. T2 SE A2 AO 80 Escambia AO 111 Mission Buenaventura AW 3 Pasig ​Freight Supply, the T 2 Tanker, and the later war Victory class ship, They were taken over by the US Navy in 1942, and completed as Navy oilers.

Escambia County, Florida.

AO: Fleet Oilers Hull Number, Name, Class, Type, Camouflage Design, Design Date, Paint AO 82, Cahaba, Escambia, T2 SE A2, 32 5AO, 2 29 44, 6 2 44. Escambia Class, U.S. Oile The Pacific War Online Encyclopedia. Patapsco Class Gasoline Tanker Model airplanes ships aircraft aviation. Custom limited Ask us to make any of the following Oiler or Tanker AO models for you! Fleet Oilers AO 80 Escambia AO 81 Kennebago. Escambia class oiler Visually. USS Escambia AO 80 was the lead ship of her subclass of the Suamico class of fleet oilers. Sports Alabama News. USS Cahaba AO 82 was an Escambia class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the Следующая Войти Настройки Конфиденциальность Условия. BJT2tanker Total Navy. Emmitt Smith, Escambia Pensacola, Fla. Earned an AFL championship with the Houston Oilers and led the league in kickoff returns. High school: After leading his team to a Class 4A state championship and rushing for.

Raymond J. Kragness Papers Collection Guides.

Than the Liberty class for artificial reef construction. Initially The Liberty ship Joseph L. Meek, sunk off Escambia County, Florida in 1976 A few such examples have been a 160 foot yard oiler South Carolina sank upside. V A 7.pdf Escambia County School District. Class Escambia. Tamalpais AO 96 was laid The fleet oiler departed San Francisco on 7 June for shakedown training out of San Diego. On the 16th, she was. 100 years of Florida high school football: The 100 greatest players. Escambia County: Federal Labor Standards Provisions. Page 1. ESCAMBIA COUNTY 32.05. 9.20. OPERATOR: Oiler.$ 23.50. 9.20.


Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling

Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB) is comprised of the former Naval Support Facility Anacostia, the former Bolling Air Force Base and the Bellevue Housing Area.

It is a 1018 acre military installation, located in Southeast D.C., situated between the Potomac and Anacostia rivers and Interstate 295, in the Anacostia and Congress Heights areas.

The installation is the center of Air Force and Navy ceremonial support, among other missions performed by the nearly 50 military and federal agencies on the installation. Its service to the country, active-duty, reserve, retired and visiting military, as well as personnel deployed around the world, is an important one.

Many of JBAB’s nearly 14,000 military and civilian personnel, also contribute countless hours performing community service and helping enrich the lives of adults and children in the surrounding neighborhoods, communities and schools, during their time away from work.

Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB) is a 1018 acre military installation, located in Southeast Washington, D.C., established on Oct. 1, 2010 in accordance with congressional legislation implementing the recommendations of the 2005 Base Realignment and Closure Commission.

The legislation ordered the consolidation of Naval Support Facility Anacostia (NSF) and Bolling Air Force Base (BAFB), which were adjoining, but separate military installations, into a single joint base – one of 12 joint bases formed in the country as a result of the law.

Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB) history began with a 2005 Base Realignment and Closure Commission (BRAC) recommendation that resulted in congressional legislation ordering the consolidation of Naval Support Facility (NSF) Anacostia and Bolling Air Force Base (BAFB).

The joint base is one of 12 formed in the country, consolidating 26 installations.

With NSF and BAFB sharing a common boundary, military and congressional leaders recognized the opportunity to reduce duplication of efforts and facilities requirements better utilization of facilities and infrastructure and consolidation and optimization of existing and future service contract requirements, capable of generating financial savings.

Years of planning, followed by a gradual transition of installation management functions performed by civilian, military and contract personnel at culminated in the smooth transition of base operating support management under a single, Navy-led joint military command.

Since the BRAC legislation was enacted, Air Force and Navy planners, support personnel and leaders steadfastly worked to ensure a smooth transition to JBAB. The transition began with an initial operating capability on Jan. 31, 2010, when certain installation support functions began to transfer to the joint base construct and reached full operational capability on Oct. 1, 2010.

Provide Exceptional Mission Support and Base Services Through Pride, Teamwork, and Excellence.

Population Served

The installation is the center of Air Force and Navy ceremonial support, among other missions performed by the nearly 50 military and federal agencies on the installation. Its service to the country, active-duty, reserve, retired and visiting military, as well as personnel deployed around the world, is an important one.

Many of JBAB’s nearly 14,000 military and civilian personnel, also contribute countless hours performing community service and helping enrich the lives of adults and children in the surrounding neighborhoods, communities and schools during their time away from work.

Base Transportation

There is NO base shuttle bus service on Bolling, but there is a shuttle bus provided between Bolling and the Pentagon. Bus service departs the base weekdays every half hour with the first bus leaving Bolling at 8:00am, making 6 stops on base and arriving at the Pentagon 30 minutes later. The first bus departs the Pentagon at 8:40am for Bolling and every half hour thereafter until 16:10. This in NOT meant to be commuter transportation for those living on Bolling and working at the Pentagon.

Sponsorship

A sponsor is someone from your new unit who is assigned to assist you in settling into your new location. You must request a sponsor through your unit. You can learn more about the sponsorship program and how to apply through your Relocation Assistance Program or the Family Center at your new installation.

Your Service will appoint your sponsor in writing. He/she will be the same or close to your rank and the same marital status, if at all possible. This person will be knowledgeable about the local community and the installation available to assist you and your family for at least two weeks post arrival, and be someone who is positive and outgoing.

Sponsors’ responsibilities and abilities to be available will vary from installation to installation, depending upon the priority which the installation and unit commanders give to the program however, the Services are making the Sponsorship program a priority as research has shown the many benefits of good sponsorship to service, family members and youth.

Temporary Quarters

The Navy Lodge provides lodging for official and leisure travel for our U.S. Military families, coast guard, and DoD Civilians worldwide.
Located at 12 Bowline Green, S.W. Bldg 4412 Washington, D.C.
Newly renovated family size rooms – Pet friendly rooms – Breakfast to go – Wireless Internet access – Full size kitchenettes – Multilingual staff
For more information visit www.navy-lodge.com or call 202-563-6950/1-800628-9466.

Relocation Assistance

When it’s time to move, whether in CONUS or OCONUS, the Relocation Assistance Program can provide you with information to make your move a success. Individual and family counseling is available to provide you with up-to-date information on such concerns as childcare, schools, housing, employment and medical facilities at your new location. Ask the experts at our Smooth Move & Overseas Planning Seminar. Lending Locker gear is available for check out with such items as: dishes, pots and pans, silverware, toaster, iron, coffee pot, and air mattresses.

For more information regarding Relocation Assistance please contact:

MFSC Information and Referral Services
202-433-6151 or 202-767-0450

Critical Installation Information

Navy personnel should report to PSD. PSD provides pay, personnel, administrative, and passenger transportation services to over 450 units worldwide (including Presidential staffs, Secretary of the Navy, Chief of Naval Operations, 17 flag commands, and 120 Naval Attaches around the world). Support is also provided to more than 9,500 Active and 3,600 Reserve military personnel, including retired personnel, and their eligible family members in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.

Frequently Called Numbers on Base

11th Medical Group (Bolling Clinic) 202-767-5533 DSN: 297-5536

Bolling Area Home Educators (BAHE) 202-574-0229

Bolling Youth Center 202-767-4003 DSN: 297-4003

Child Development Center I (Bolling) (202) 767-2890 DSN: 297-2890

Dental Appointments (202) 767-5626/7/8/9 DSN: 297-5626

DiLorenzo Triservice Health Clinic (Pentagon) 703-692-8810

Family Child Care Program : (202) 404-1454 DSN: 754-1454

Lodging 202-404-7050 DSN: 754-7050

Pentagon – Housing Referral Office (USAF) 202-404-1840 DSN: 754-1840